Reach Out to Your Chiropractor in Deerfield Beach for Back Pain Relief
When a lower back pain hits, it sends many people to bed or the sofa to try and find relief. At Bartell Chiropractic Life Center, we understand that desire. However, Dr. Bartell, our chiropractor in Deerfield Beach and chiropractor in Boca Raton, recommends resisting the urge to rest for too long. Sometimes the sheer pain of trying to rise up can feel exhausting, but you will be glad in the future for having done so, in order to recover sooner.
5 Exercises for Back Pain Relief
First and foremost, it’s important not to miss your appointment for chiropractic care; chiropractic adjustments keep your nerves free of interference and help back pain resolve naturally. There are several exercises you can do at home in between your appointments, so Dr. Bartell and our chiropractic support team came up with 5 exercises for back pain relief that we hope will help you get started toward your recovery. Disclaimer: Please speak with a medical professional before making any changes to your current routine. Here are the 5 exercises for back pain relief:
- Perform Partial Crunches. With these gentle crunches, you can work on strengthening your lower back and abdominal muscles. Lie on your back with your knees bent, and cross your arms over your chest or clasp your hands behind your head. Tighten your stomach muscles as you raise your head, leading with your chin, as you remember to breathe.
- Stretch Your Hamstrings. Lie on your back and bend one leg off the floor. Stretch that leg towards the ceiling making sure to keep your leg straightened. You can use a towel to loop under your foot's arch and tug for a gentle stretch down your leg and into your lower back.
- Wall Sits. Stand 10 to 12 inches away from the wall with your back facing the wall. Lean back until your back is flat against the wall then slide down until your knees are slightly bent at approximately 90 degrees. Hold the position for 10 counts.
- Knee-to-Chest Stretch. Lie on your back with your knees bent, and pull your knees to your chest.
- Sphinx Yoga Pose. Lie on your stomach, propped on your forearms with your palms flat on the ground. Press upward through your palms and naturally rest the top of your feet to lay flat on the floor.
Contact Our Deerfield Beach & Boca Raton Chiropractor Today!
Please contact us if you need additional help before your appointment for relief for your lower back pain. We are committed to helping you reduce your back pain so you can get back to living life pain-free. Call us today at 954-426-3200.